GUIDELINES FOR COMPUTER NETWORK USE
Network Users Shall:
- Use the Internet and the computer network for educational purposes only.
- Communicate with others in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Maintain the privacy of name, password and other personal information
and respect the privacy of others.
- Use the provided Internet account and password only, as individually
- Report any incident of harassment or inappropriate material to the supervising staff member.
- Comply with laws protecting copyright and intellectual property.
Network Users Shall Not:
- Intentionally bypass the school network filtering system, in an attempt to access restricted content.
- Enter computer networks without authorization to tamper with or destroy
data, including the creation and/or uploading of computer viruses.
- Damage the computer equipment, systems, or networks.
- Access or distribute abusive, harassing, libelous, obscene, offensive, profane, pornographic, threatening, sexually explicit or illegal material.
- Install software on computers.
- Use the Internet for commercial, purchasing, or illegal purposes.
- Initiate nor accept a social network contact with teachers or staff outside the educational setting.
Network Users Should Know That . . .
Due to the public nature of computer networks, all data and files, including e-mail, cannot be guaranteed to be secure and private. Users should have no expectation of privacy with respect to personal files or e-mail.
KEEP THIS PAGE FOR FUTURE REFERENCE